Friday, June 4, 2010

A Food Story Success

A few months ago, I learned that a story I'd sent to a memoir site's contest had earned an Honorable Mention. The editor wrote that the story would be published on the site sometime in June. Yesterday I received a notice from Matilda Butler, editor at http://www.womensmemoirs.com/ telling me that my story was up.

So of course, I clicked right on over to the website to see how the story looked. I was most pleased to see "Love On A Plate" in print and pictures to go with it--one of me at age 10 and another of my grandmother. The story is about Grandma and some special muffins she made. The recipe is included. You can read it at
http://womensmemoirs.com/memoir-scrapbooking/kitchenscraps-love-on-a-plate-by-nancy-julien-kopp/

The editor is urging readers to leave comments in the special section after the story. So, if you feel so inclined, please do so.

The womens' memoir site features food memory stories on a regular basis. Surely food comes in as a big category in our family memories. We all have favorite foods our mothers, grandmothers or aunt made. And we even have some that we don't ever want to eat again. Either way, they give us a story to be written and saved for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...